About the Role
As a Manager of International Trade Compliance, supporting Zest Logistics internal and external customers, you will be trusted to make sound decisions utilizing years of your experience.
1) Manages and draft of export licenses, training, administrative activities
2) Maintains, analyzes and reviews applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory
3) requirements to ensure legal compliance
4) Establishes and maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and
5) effectiveness of internal controls
6) Conduct audits to assess the export/import compliance and assist in determining and implementing
7) corrective actions where necessary
8) Continuously evaluate current processes and recommend relevant changes or improvements to increase efficiency/productivity
9) Advises internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of complex
10) compliance programs to ensure business objectives are in compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines
Bachelors Degree +5 years of related International Trade Compliance experience or in lieu of 9+ years of related International Trade Compliance experience
Kenyanb Citizenship Required
Strong proficiency in International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Foreign Trade Regulations
Proficient in product classification to include EAR, ITAR, Harmonized Tariff Schedule, and Schedule B.
About the Company
Zest Logistics is one of the largest African-owned logistics service providers in East Africa, specializing in trucking, air cargo, ocean freight consolidation, customs brokerage, and international courier services. A global network of foreign partners and agents enables us to delivertrade compliance services to firms and individuals all over the world.